15 Nov Things To Do After Trekking to Ijen Crater in Banyuwangi
After trekking to the Ijen Crater and witnessing the stunning views, there are several activities you can enjoy in the surrounding area. Here are some suggestions for things to do around the Ijen Crater after the trek:
- Relax at a Local Hot Spring & Waterfall: Take a relaxing dip in one of the local hot springs. This can be a soothing way to unwind after the trek and soothe any tired muscles, the hot springs are located near Belawan Village about 30 minutes away and there is Belawan Waterfall nearby too.
- Explore Banyuwangi City: Banyuwangi, the nearest city to the Ijen Crater, has its own attractions. Visit local markets, explore the city’s culture, and try traditional Javanese cuisine at local restaurants.
- Visit Jagir Waterfall: Located not too far from the Ijen area, Jagir Waterfall is a picturesque waterfall surrounded by lush greenery. It’s a great spot for some peaceful relaxation.
- Discover Baluran National Park: Baluran National Park is known as the “Little Africa of Java” due to its savannah-like landscapes and diverse wildlife. You can go on a safari-style adventure and explore the park’s flora and fauna.
- Enjoy a Beach Day: Head to one of the nearby beaches, such as Tabuhan Island (which takes 45 minutes by boat) or Red Island Beach (which is a bit further from Banyuwangi Town), to relax by the sea, swim, or engage in water sports. Anyway, if you like to enjoy a beach with a sunset and avoid the tourists, we recommend staying overnight in the Red Island Beach area.
- Visit Kalibendo Plantation: Learn about traditional methods of producing rubber, coffee, and palm sugar at Kalibendo Plantation. Guided tours are available, providing insight into the local agricultural practices.
- Explore the Osing Villages: The Osing people have a unique culture, and you can explore their traditional villages to learn more about their way of life, traditional architecture, and customs.
- Attend Local Festivals (if the timing is right): Check if there are any local festivals or events happening in the area during your visit. Participating in a local celebration can provide a deeper cultural experience.
- Take a Culinary Tour: Sample local dishes and delicacies in Banyuwangi. Don’t miss the opportunity to try regional specialties and street food.
- Sukamade Turtle Conservation Tour: If you’re interested in wildlife, consider taking a tour to Sukamade Beach for a chance to see turtle nesting and hatching. It’s a unique and memorable experience. For this one, you need a 1-night stay in the area.
Remember to respect local customs and traditions during your explorations, and consider hiring a local guide for a more immersive experience and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding the areas or destinations.