Kawah Ijen Sunrise Tour from Bali
Sunrise Tour in Kawah Ijen, East Java
What makes this trip interesting?
This trip is designed to be the second option of the trip to Ijen Crater without seeing the blue lava glow at the bottom of the crater, the spot for blue lava glow, or what some people called it “blue fire”, it’s been closed completely since February and no one is allowed to go down at the bottom of the crater for seeing this natural phenomenon. The only people who can go down to the bottom of the crater are the sulfur miners who do their job there. The completed information about this closure you read here.
Sunrise tour at Kawah Ijen from Bali is a 24-hour trip that will be started from the Bali areas such as Ubud, Canggu, Kuta, Seminyak, or any other areas in Bali at 8:30 pm and you will be back at your accommodation in Bali on the next day about ± 3 pm. Read the details of the itinerary, you can find it in the itinerary section.
THE INFORMATION ABOUT THE TRIP
Mostly we will start the tour at 8:30 pm from Sanur, Kuta, Canggu, Denpasar, Seminyak, Jimbaran, Nusa Dua, and Ubud (but for Ubud, there will be an additional cost of 200.000 IDR). Moreover, we will start an hour earlier if you stay in Karang Asem, Amed, or Uluwatu (there will be also an additional cost of IDR 350.000). But if you stay in Lovina or Pemuteran we will start around 10 pm and the price will be cheaper because it’s closer to the harbor (IDR 200.000 IDR cheaper than the total price).
You can check the information below for how long is the journey from where you stay in Bali to Gilimanuk Harbour:
- PEMUTERAN – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOUR: 30 MINUTES
- LOVINA – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOUR: 1H30M
- MUNDUK – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOUR: 2-3 HOURS
- UBUD – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOUR: 4-5 HOURS
- SANUR – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOUR: 4-5 HOURS
- KUTA – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOUR: 4-5 HOUR
- JIMBARAN – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOUR: 4-5 HOURS
- ULUWATU – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOUR: 5-6 HOURS
- SEMINYAK – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOUR: 4-5 HOURS
- CANGGU – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOUR: 3-4 HOURS
The temperature: the temperature in Ijen Crater is about 5-15 degrees Celsius, the windier the colder!
The things that you should bring during the trip:
- a pair of good walkable shoes; trekking shoes, running shoes, hiking shoes
- warm clothes (long pants, scarf, jacket, some type of hoody)
- a raincoat and wet tissues (you can buy during our stops at gas stations or minimart)
- a cap or a hat
- a small backpack to carry items up the volcano;
- personal ID card (or copy)
Important things that you must read before you book the tour:
- Your insurance for this tour is your own responsibility.
- Any alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited during the whole trip.
For further information about Kawah Ijen blue fire tour from Bali and booking, please feel free to contact us directly our Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / WhatsApp number: +6287755920876
KAWAH IJEN SUNRISE TOUR FROM BALI
Departure TimeAround 8:30 PM (Balineses Time)
Return TimeAround 3:00 PM (Balinese Time)
Dress CodeTrekking / Sport Clothes
- 8:30 PM (Balinese Time): Pick up service by our driver and transfer to Gilimanuk Harbor
- 00:45 AM (Balinese Time): Our guide will meet you upon your arrival at the harbor, then he will go with you to enter the harbor then take a ferry going to Banyuwangi, Java Island ( the ferry will take about 1H30M)
- 1:30 AM (Javanese Time): Arriving on Java Island, the Javanese driver will welcome you and start driving to Paltuding (the Start Point of the Trekking) – the length of the journey from Harbor to Paltuding is about 1H25M.
- 2:55 AM (Javanese Time): Trekking to Ijen Crater
- 3:00 Am (Javanese Time): The gate will be opened to start the trekking The trekking will take about 1 – 2 hours, depending on your fitness. Upon your arrival at the top of the crater, we will invite you to walk to Panorama point (it’s another 30-minute walk) which has a beautiful view from here to the Crater when we can arrive on time, we can see the sunrise too from Bali Strait.
- 5:30 AM (Javanese Time ): Sunrise time & enjoy the view
- 7:00 AM (Javanese Time): Go down to the parking place
- 8:00 AM (Javanese Time): Driving back to the city
- 9:30 AM (Javanese Time): Have a Local breakfast (at your own cost, if you want to eat before returning to the Ferry port)
- 10:30 AM (Javanese Time): Back to Ferry port
- 12:30 PM (Balinese Time): Driving back to your place in Bali (meet the same driver for the Bali transfer). So, you will be arriving at your hotel between 4-5 pm approximately.
- Tour’s Finished
- Private transport with an air-conditioned car
- Transfer service to your hotel in Bali and back to the same in Bali
- English Speaking Local Guide in Ijen Crater
- Entrance fee Ticket to Ijen Crater and Ferry Ticket from Bali to Java (return)
- Gas masks will be provided for free (when it’s needed)
- Travel Insurance
- Meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Personal Expenses and tip (recommended)
- IDR 3,000,000 for 1 person (good price for solo traveler)
- IDR 1,550,000 / person (for 2 participants)
- IDR 1,150,000 / person (for 3 participants)
- IDR 950,000 / person (for 4 participants)
- IDR 850,000 / person (for 5-9 participants)
- IDR 800,000 / person (for 10-15 participants)
Important note: There will be an additional cost (50.000 IDR / person) for a weekend or public holiday departure.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions or any concerns about this tour :)