Surabaya Bromo Ijen Tour 3D2N
SURABAYA – MADAKARIPURA WATERFALL – MOUNT BROMO – IJEN CRATER – TRANSFER BACK TO SURABAYA (3D2N)
What makes the trip interesting?
In this 3 days itinerary, you will be covering 3 must-see destinations, those are Madakaripura Waterfall, Mount Bromo, and Ijen Crater with its blue fire phenomenon. For this trip we highly recommend starting the trip between 7-9 am from Surabaya, so we will able to visit Madakaripura Waterfall as early as possible because the best time to visit this waterfall is in the morning. To read more about the itinerary, please you can check our itinerary section.
Detail of the trip:
- Location: East Java (Madakaripura Waterfall, Mount Bromo, Ijen Crater)
- Adventure types:
- Trekking & hiking
- Local culture understanding
- Program duration: 3 days
- Age requirement: Age requirement varies
- Cost in USD & IDR: Contact us for cost details
- Accommodation options: Private staying
The information for the tour:
The temperature for each place:
- Mount Bromo has chilly weather during the night and sunrise time 9-13, it will be warmer after 10 am when the sun shines
- Ijen Crater has pretty same as Mount Bromo but it can be windier and colder sometimes
What you should bring:
- Wet shoes, slippers, water-resistant bag, or any important for a waterfall visit
- Light jacket
- Personal medicine
- The small amount of money
- Light fleece/sweater
- Warm hat
- Tiger balm or spray muscle (for muscle pain)
- Long pants and shorts
For further information about the Ijen Bromo tour from Surabaya and booking, please feel free to contact us directly via our Email: email@example.com / WhatsApp number: +6287755920876
Departure TimeBefore midday
Return TimeAfter 4 pm
Dress CodeCasual/trekking outfit
Day 1: Surabaya - Madakaripura Waterfall - Accommodation in Mount Bromo area
The first day of the trip, we will pick you up in Surabaya area (Airport, Hotel or Train Station), then we will drive around 3 hours to reach our first destination, that is Madakaripura waterfall. Upon our arrival at the parking point, we will be shuttled with local motorbike taxi to the trekking point which needs about 10 minutes ride then trekking about 45 minutes to reach the waterfall.
After the trip here, we will be moving up to the Mount Bromo area where you will stay overnight before doing the sunrise tour the next morning.
Day 2: Mount Bromo Sunrise Tour - Transfer to Bondowoso Town
The second day of the trip, we will start at 3:00 am and our local jeep driver will drive us to reach Kingkong Hill where we will watch the sunrise and enjoy the view of panoramic landscape of Mount Bromo and surroundings. After enjoying the sunrise and the landscape from Kingkong hill, we will drive down to the sea of sand where you will be trekking to reach the peak of Mount Bromo, the trekking will need 45 minutes. We will make sure that you will not stay too long on the peak of Mount Bromo, because it’s an active volcano with sulphuric smoke that it’s not good to breath for more than an hour. Then we will get back to our jeep and drive back to our accommodation for having breakfast, shower, and packing up before we head to Bondowoso town for 4 hours drive.
Day 3: Ijen Blue Fire Tour - Back to Surabaya
The last day of the trip, we will start at midnight from our accommodation then drive about 2 hours to reach the trekking point where we will start to trek in Ijen Crater. The trekking till the peak of the crater will need 1h30m and 45 minutes to go down inside the crater where you can see the natural blue fire from this volcano.
Same as Mount Bromo, you will not allowed to stay at the bottom of the volcano too long, because it’s still active volcano with its dangerous sulphuric gas.
After enjoying the blue fire, we will get back to the top of the crater then ready to take photo of the beautiful sulfuric lake when the sun rises, this lake is one of the most beautiful volcano lakes in the world.
Around 7 am, we will go down to where we started and back to our accommodation then drive to Surabaya area for 5 hours drive. We recommend you not to book any flight before 6 pm, because we will be reaching Surabaya mostly at 5 or 6 pm.
Tour is finished
- Pick up from Surabaya and transfer back to Surabaya
- 1 Night stay at Mount Bromo area with breakfast
- 1 Night stay at Bondowoso town with breakfast
- Transportation with private driver for 3 days (hotel pickup, air-conditioned vehicle)
- Private English speaking tour guide for 3 days
- Fees (fuel surcharge, parking, highway)
- Admission for Madakaripura Waterfall, Mount Bromo & Ijen Crater Mineral water during the trip
- Travel Insurance
- Food and drinks (lunch, dinner, snacks, wine, beer, soft drinks, etc.)
- Gratuities for the driver or guide (recommended)