Kawah Ijen Blue Fire Tour from Ubud Bali
Ijen Blue Fire Tour
WHAT IS KAWAH IJEN?
Kawah Ijen is one of the most active volcanoes in East Java that is very recommended to visit when you are on holiday in Indonesia. Kawah Ijen has the natural phenomenon that we called it Blue fire / Blue flame that only appears at night which is between 7 pm – 4:30 pm. But the Kawah Ijen is only open from 2 am – 11 pm. It means we must be here at 1 am.
The natural phenomenon of blue fire /blue flame can be seen in only 2 in the world, Ethiopia (Dallol Volcano) and Indonesia (Kawah Ijen). So it will be super special that you able to see it but you must understand that this is just a natural phenomenon and comes from nature too, so sometimes you will not see it clearly or even nothing. So we recommend visiting this volcano only in the dry season.
HOW TO GET TO KAWAH IJEN FROM UBUD, BALI?
Kawah ijen is very accessible from Bali, such as Pemuteran, Lovina, Munduk, Ubud, Kuta, Canggu, Uluwatu or Nusa Dua. If you are coming from Ubud, Bali. Ubud is one of the famous areas in Bali where most tourists will be staying in Ubud. You just need 4-5 hours maximum to reach Gilimanuk Harbor. You can check our itinerary on the next tab to read more about the detail of the trip to Kawah Ijen from Ubud, Bali.
The temperature at Ijen Plateau approximately is about +10 to +13 degrees during sunrise time and it will be colder when it’s windy. We highly recommend you think about your own comfort in advance.
The things that you should bring during the trip:
- a pair of good walkable shoes; trekking shoes, running shoes, hiking shoes
- Warm clothes (long pants, scarf, jacket, some type of hoody)
- Torchlight or headlight (bring it with you if you have it when you do not have it, you should let us know before the trip begins)
- a raincoat and wet tissues (you can buy during our stops at gas stations or minimart)
- a cap or a hat
- a small backpack to carry items up the volcano;
- a personal ID card (or copy)
- Tripod and more battery (when you need it)
- Power bank
Important things that you must read before you book the tour:
- Your insurance for this tour is your own responsibility.
- This is a private tour/activity. So, it will be just you and your group on this trip
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
For further information about Kawah Ijen Bluefire Tour from Ubud and booking, please feel free to contact us directly at our Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / WhatsApp number: +6287755920876
Departure TimeAbout 7:00 PM
Return TimeAbout 2:00 PM
Dress CodeWarm clothes with trekking shoes
Kawah Ijen Blue Fire Tour from Ubud Bali (Midnight Trip)
Kawah Ijen Blue Fire Tour from Ubud will start around 7:00 PM, our driver will pick you up from your hotel in Ubud then drive for about 4 - 5 hours to Gilimanuk Ferry Port, it’s the harbor where you can go to Java Island. The ferry will take around ± an hour (it depends on the weather, sometimes it’s longer).
Upon your arrival at Ketapang Ferry Port Banyuwangi (it’s a port on Java Island), you will be met by our local guide and heading to Paltuding (it’s the parking place and also the start point before trekking to Kawah Ijen, the ride takes around an hour from the Banyuwangi. Upon your arrival in Paltuding, you should be prepared for the night trekking such as torchlight, jacket, and gas mask.
The trekking will take around 2 hours until the top of Kawah Ijen. Upon your arrival on the top of Kawah Ijen, you should go down to the crater to see the most famous natural phenomenon in Indonesia, blue fire is a Hydrogen sulfate gas that comes out from the volcano in Kawah Ijen that meets oxygen in the air. It’s only available to be seen in the darkness. Besides the natural phenomenon of blue fire, you will see some miners who work there, they are taking sulfur rock from the volcano. It’s one of the hardest jobs there.
After capturing a thousand photos of blue fire and sulfur mining, we have gone up to catch the most stunning sunrise in East Java and you can see the astonishing landscape of Kawah Ijen.
After enjoying the best landscape in Kawah Ijen, we will go back to the parking place and head to Ketapang ferry port then go to your hotel in the Ubud area.
Here is the completed detail of the tour:
- 7:00 PM (Balinese Time): Pick up service from Ubud and transfer to Gilimanuk Harbor
- 00:00 AM (Balinese Time): Meet your guide and take a ferry going to Banyuwangi, Java Island
- 00:30 AM (Javanese Time): Start driving to Paltuding (the Start Point of the Trekking)
- 2:00 AM (Javanese Time): Trekking to Ijen Crater
The trekking will take about 1 – 2 hours, depending on your fitness. Upon arrival at the top of the crater, you will be invited to see the most famous natural phenomenon of blue fire. It’s only 2 in the world, Kawah Ijen, Indonesia, and Dallol Volcano, Ethiopia. But to see closer, you must go down into the crater of Ijen. It’s pretty dangerous, so if you feel doubt to go down, we suggest staying on the top while waiting for the sunrise.
- 5:30 AM (Javanese Time ): Sunrise Time
- 7:00 AM (Javanese Time): Go down to the parking place
- 8:00 AM (Javanese Time): Driving back to the city and we will stop at the local place to eat if you want to have breakfast before heading to the port
- 9:30 AM (Javanese Time): Having a Local breakfast (at your own cost)
- 10:30 AM (Javanese Time): Back to Ferry port
- 12:30 PM (Balinese Time): Driving back to your place in Ubud, Bali
- Pick up service from your hotel in Ubud, Bali & transfer out back to your Hotel in Ubud, Bali
- Private land transportation with driver and fuel during the trip
- Mineral water and English-speaking guide
- Gas mask for the tour
- Cost for parking during the trip
- Cost for ferry from Bali to Java and Java to Bali
- Entrance tickets to Ijen Crater
- Travel Insurance
- Meals during the trip
- Tipping & other personal costs
- IDR 3,100,000 for 1 person (good price for solo traveler)
- IDR 1,650,000 /person (for 2 participants)
- IDR 1,300,000 /person (for 3 participant)
- IDR 1.150,000 /person (for 4 participants)
- IDR 975,000 /person (for 5-9 participants)
- IDR 900,000 /person (for 10-15 participants)
Important note: There will be an additional cost (50.000 IDR / person) for a weekend or public holiday departure.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions or any concerns about the tour.
Email: email@example.comInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/bluefireijen.tour/