Kawah Ijen Blue Fire Tour From Bali
Ijen Blue Fire
Ijen Blue Fire Tour From Bali
WHAT IS KAWAH IJEN?
Kawah Ijen is one of the most active volcanoes in East Java that is very recommended to visit when you are on holiday in Indonesia. Kawah Ijen has the natural phenomenon that we called it Blue fire / Blue flame that only appears at night which is between 7 pm – 4:30 pm. But the Kawah Ijen is only open from 1 am – 11 pm. It means we must be here at 1 am.
The natural phenomenon of blue fire /blue flame can be seen in only 2 in the world, Ethiopia (Dallol Volcano) and Indonesia (Kawah Ijen). So it will be super special that you able to see it but you must understand that this is just a natural phenomenon and comes from nature too, so sometimes you will not see it clearly or even nothing. So we recommend visiting this volcano only in the dry season.
HOW TO GET TO KAWAH IJEN FROM BALI?
Kawah ijen is very accessible from Bali, such as Pemuteran, Lovina, Munduk, Ubud, Kuta, Canggu, Uluwatu or Nusa Dua. To reach Kawah Ijen, we must go from Bali to Gilimanuk Harbor, which is located in the western part of Bali.
Here are the distance measurements from the Bali area to Gilimanuk Ferry Harbor;
- PEMUTERAN – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 30 MINUTES
- LOVINA – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 1H30M
- MUNDUK – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 2 HOURS
- UBUD – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 4 HOURS
- SANUR – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 4-5 HOURS
- KUTA – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 4 HOUR
- JIMBARAN – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 4-5 HOURS
- ULUWATU – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 5 HOURS
- SEMINYAK – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 4 HOURS
- CANGGU – GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR: 3-4 HOURS
INFORMATION ABOUT THE TOUR:
The temperature at Kawah Ijen approximately is about +10 to +13 degrees during the sunrise time and it will be colder when it’s windy. We highly recommend you think about your own comfort in advance.
The things that you should bring during the trip:
- a pair of good walkable shoes; trekking shoes, running shoes, hiking shoes
- Warm clothes (long pants, scarf, jacket, some type of hoody)
- Torchlight or headlight (bring it with you if you have it when you do not have it, you should let us know before the trip begins)
- a raincoat and wet tissues (you can buy during our stops at gas stations or minimart)
- a cap or a hat
- a small backpack to carry items up the volcano;
- a personal ID card (or copy)
- Tripod and more battery (when you need it)
- Power bank
Important things that you must read before you book the tour:
- Your insurance for this tour is your own responsibility.
- This is a private tour/activity. So, it will be just you and your group on this trip
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers (7 months of pregnancy)
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
For further information about Kawah Ijen blue fire tour from Bali and booking, please feel free to contact us directly our Email: email@example.com / WhatsApp number: +6287755920876
Ijen Crater Tour From Bali
Departure Time7:00 PM
Return TimeAround 3:00 PM (Balinese Time)
Dress CodeCasual clothes and warm clothes with trekking/running shoes
Itinerary of The Trip
Kawah Ijen blue fire tour will start from Bali area (Hotel or Airport) and drive to Gilimanuk Ferry Harbor which is the busiest port to go to Java. That is located in the western part of Bali. We recommend starting the tour at 7:00 PM if you are staying in the southern part of Bali.
(YOU CAN CHECK THE DISTANCE MEAUSURMENT BASED ON YOUR STAY IN BALI ON THE INFORMATION TAB).
Upon your arrival at Gilimanuk ferry harbor, you will be met by our guide and he will be ready to take you to the ferry and sailing about an hour.
Upon your arrival at Ketapang Ferry Port (Java Island), you will be escorted to Paltuding Area. Paltuding is the parking place and also the start point for all the visitors who want to do trekking in Ijen Crater. Paltuding stands around 1850m and Ijen Crater is around 2386m. Upon your arrival in Paltuding around 1:00 AM, you will be asked by your guide to prepare everything that you need such as torchlight and so on. We will walk in 3 km and we need ± 1, 5 hours to the top of Ijen Crater and some people called Ijen Crater also Kawah Ijen or Ijen Plateau. When you have reached the top of Ijen Crater, you will see the blue fire in small size from the top of the Crater, if you are still fit enough, you will be guided to go down for 30 minutes to see the blue fire closer, make sure you have put the gas mask on your neck. The path to go down into the blue fire point is so dangerous, it’s rocky and slippery, and you must walk slowly and listen to your guide.
Upon your arrival at blue fire point, you will be amazed at it, because it’s only two in the world, Ijen Crater, Indonesia, and Dallol Volcano in Ethiopia. The blue fire is actually from the hydrogen sulfate gas that meets oxygen in the air, and it only appears at the night. At 5:00 AM, you have to go back to the top of the Ijen Crater to see the sunrise and the view of Ijen Crater from above.
The scenery will be wonderful when the sun shines perfectly on the crater because Ijen Crater has a beautiful big sulfur lake with turquoise color. Kawah Ijen/Ijen Crater is one of the most active volcanoes with the highest acidity lake in the world, the acidity reaches 0,8 ph – 0,5 ph.
After enjoying the beautiful scenery around 7.00 AM, we have to go back to Paltuding Area where we park our car and then we will drive about an hour to Jagir Waterfall, to relax for a while after the trekking and then if you want to have breakfast, we can escort you to a local restaurant to have a local breakfast together. Afterward, we will drive back to the Ketapang Ferry Harbor where you will take a ferry for about an hour. Upon your arrival in Gilimanuk Harbor, our driver will be meeting you up and escort you back to your hotel in the Bali area.
Here is the completed detail of the tour:
- 7:00 PM (Balinese Time): Pick up service and transfer to Gilimanuk Ferry Harbor
- 00:00 AM (Balinese Time): Meet your guide and take a ferry going to Banyuwangi, Java Island
- 00:30 AM (Javanese Time): Start driving to Paltuding (Start Point of the Trekking)
- 02:00 AM (Javanese Time): Trekking to Ijen Crater/Kawah Ijen
The trekking will take about 1 – 2 hours, depending on your fitness. Upon your arrival at the top of the crater, you will be invited to see the most famous natural phenomenon of blue fire. It’s only 2 in the world, in Kawah Ijen, Indonesia, and Dallol Volcano, Ethiopia. But to see closer, you must go down into the crater of Kawah Ijen. It’s pretty dangerous, so if you feel doubt to go down, we suggest staying on the top while waiting for the sunrise.
- 5:30 AM (Javanese Time): Sunrise Time
- 7:00 AM (Javanese Time): Go down to the parking place
- 8:00 AM (Javanese Time): Driving back to the city and we will stop at Jagir Waterfall to relax
- 9:30 AM (Javanese Time): Having a Local breakfast (at your own cost)
- 10:30 AM (Javanese Time): Back to Ferry port
- 12:30 AM (Balinese Time): Driving back to your place in the Bali area
THE TIMING OF HOW LONG YOU WILL BE ARRIVING AT YOUR HOTEL IN BALI AFTER THE TRIP, CAN CHECK ON THE LIST BELOW;
Here are the distance measurements from Gilimanuk Ferry Harbor to the Bali area;
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – PEMUTERAN: 30 MINUTES
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – LOVINA: 1H30M
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – MUNDUK: 2 HOURS
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – UBUD: 4 HOURS
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – SANUR: 4-5 HOURS
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – KUTA: 4 HOUR
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – JIMBARAN: 4-5 HOURS
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – ULUWATU: 5 HOURS
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – SEMINYAK: 4 HOURS
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – CANGGU: 3-4 HOURS
- Pick up service from & transfer out back to your Hotel in Bali
- Land transportation with driver and fuel during the trip
- Mineral water and English-speaking local guide in Ijen Crater
- Gas mask
- Cost for parking during the trip
- Cost for ferry from Bali to Java and Java to Bali
- The entrance fee in Ijen Crater
- Travel Insurance
- Tipping & other personal costs
THE PRICE DETAILS:
- IDR 3,000,000 for 1 person (a good price for a solo traveler)
- IDR 1,550,000 / person (for 2 participants)
- IDR 1,150,000 / person (for 3 participant)
- IDR 950,000 / person (for 4 participants)
- IDR 850,000 / person (for 5-9 participants)
- IDR 800,000 / person (for 10-15 participants)
Important note: There will be an additional cost (50.000 IDR / person) for a weekend or public holiday departure.
NOTE: THE PRICE ABOVE IS ONLY FOR DEPARTURE FROM KUTA, CANGGU, SEMINYAK, JIMBARAN, SANUR, MUNDUK. OTHER DEPARTURES MIGHT BE CHEAPER OR MORE EXPENSIVE. PLEASE LET US KNOW YOUR LOCATION FOR DEPARTURE.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions to ask and any concerns about the tour:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/bluefireijen.tour/