Mount Bromo Ijen Crater Tour From Surabaya 3 Days 2 Nights
WHAT MAKES THIS TOUR INTERESTING?
Mount Bromo and Ijen Crater area the most active volcano in East Java that has the most scenic landscapes compared other volcanoes in East Java. And these volcanoes are easy to reach and hike. You just need moderate physical fitness to hike these Volcanoes.
The famous thigs from these volcanoes are, Mount Bromo has the most scenic view during the sunrise. You will see the mountain and volcano formations as the background and when you are lucky, you can see a cloud as the foreground.
Ijen Crater has the most famous natural phenomenon of Blue Fire that can be seen only at night (darkness). And this natural phenomenon is only two in the world, in Ijen Crater (Indonesia) and Dallol Volcano (Ethiopia). Besides that, Ijen Crater has the most beautiful crater lake with turquoise color that makes this volcano to be worthy Instagram place.
The tour will be designed for 3 days trip, starting from Surabaya and end in Bali area. If you want customize trip, please let us know, we will be happy to help you out.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE TRIP:
- LOCATION: EAST JAVA (MOUNT BROMO & IJEN CRATER)
- ADVENTURE TYPES:
- TREKKING & HIKING
- LOCAL CULTURE UNDERSTANDING
- PROGRAM DURATION: 3 DAYS
- AGE REQUIREMENT: AGE REQUIREMENT VARIES
- ACCOMODATION OPTIONS: PRIVATE STAYING
The temperature at Mount Bromo and Mount Ijen approximately is about +10 to +13 degrees during the sunrise time and it will be colder when it’s windy. We highly recommend you to think about your own comfort in advance.
The things that you should bring during the trip:
- a pair of a good walkable shoes; trekking shoes, running shoes, hiking shoes
- warm clothes (long pants, scarf, jacket, some type of hoody)
- a rain coat and wet tissues ( you can buy during our stops at gas stations or minimart )
- a cap or a hat
- a small backpack to carry items up the volcano;
- personal ID card (or copy)
- Tripod and more battery
Important things that you must read before you book the tour:
- Your insurance for this tour is on your own responsibility.
- This is a private tour/activity. So, it will be just you and your group in this trip
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT TOUR AND BOOKING, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US OR FILL THE BOOKING FORM ON THE BOOKING TAB:
Mount Bromo Ijen Crater Tour From Surabaya 3 Days 2 Nights
DAY 1: SURABAYA – TRANSFER TO MOUNT BROMO AREA
The first day of the trip, we will start from Surabaya area. It can be started from Surabaya Juanda Airport, Surabaya Gubeng Train Station or a local hotel in Surabaya area. The length of the journey will take about 3-4 hours away.
WE RECOMMEND TO START IN SURABAYA BEFORE 2 PM, SO YOU CAN WALK AROUND THE BROMO VILLAGE BEFORE IT DARKS.
DAY 2: MOUNT BROMO SUNRISE TOUR - TRANSFER TO BANYUWANGI TOWN AREA
The second day of the trip, we will start at 3:30 am from our accommodation in Mount Bromo area and we will take a jeep to reach our Sunrise Viewpoint, we name it King Kong Hill. The ride will be 45 minutes and why we have to start super early? Because we need to park our jeep closer to the view point and we do not need to walk further. And if you are into a photography things, this is better to start early, so you can get the first place of the spot.
There are some local shops that offer hot tea or hot coffee, also public toilet. So, you won’t be freezing up there. The sun will rise about 5:30 am but at 5 am, the color of the sun will appear and give the light to the beautiful landscape of Mount Bromo.
You will have time until 7 am here to enjoy the view before we continue our trekking to the top of Mount Bromo.
The trekking to the top of Mount Bromo will take about 45 minutes by foot and if you are tired, you can rent horse that provided by local people here. The cost is about 10 USD for one way.
Upon your arrival at the top of Mount Bromo, you will be amazed with this volcano which is very dangerous but it’s beautiful too. About 9 am, we must go back to our jeep and ride back to our accommodation to have a breakfast and clean up before we go to our next destination that is Banyuwangi Town, it will take about 5-6 hours.
DAY 3: IJEN BLUE FIRE TOUR – TRANSFER TO YOUR HOTEL IN BALI
The last day of the trip, we will start at 00:30 am to go to Ijen Crater. The journey from Bayuwangi town will take an hour - 1H30M by car. Then we will be arrived in Paltuding for preparing our gear and stretching our body before walking about 2 hours up to the volcano.
The path is quite easy for the first kilometer but the second, third and last path to go down to the Blue Fire point is quite rocky and slippery, So we require you to always listen to our Tour Guide.
Upon your arrival in Blue Fire point, you must always keep the gas mask on because the smoke from this volcano is very sting and dangerous, so keep away from this smoke. You will have time about 30 minutes to capture the Blue Fire.
Afterward, we will go up to the top of the Volcano to wait the Sunrise and also to capture the turquoise lake of Ijen Crater.
About 7 am, we will go back down to the parking place and then drive back to our accommodation for having breakfast and cleaning up.
About 10:30/11:00 am, we will escort you to Ketapang Ferry Port and you will take a ferry for about an hour sail. Upon your arrival in Gilimanuk Ferry Port ( Bali side), you will be welcomed by our Balinese driver who is ready to escort you to your hotel in Bali area.
TOUR IS FINISHED
THE TIMING OF HOW LONG YOU WILL BE ARRIVING IN YOUR HOTEL IN BALI AFTER THE TRIP, YOU CAN CHECK ON THE LIST BELOW;
Here are the distance measurements from Gilimanuk Ferry Harbor to Bali area;
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – PEMUTERAN: 30 MINUTES
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – LOVINA: 1H30M
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – MUNDUK: 2-3 HOURS
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – UBUD: 4-5 HOURS
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – SANUR: 4-5 HOURS
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – KUTA: 4 HOUR
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – JIMBARAN: 4-5 HOURS
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – ULUWATU: 5-6 HOURS
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – SEMINYAK: 4 HOURS
- GILIMANUK FERRY HARBOR – CANGGU: 3-4 HOURS
- Pick up service from Surabaya and transfer out to Bali
- 1 Night stay in Mount Bromo area with a breakfast
- 1 Night stay in Banyuwangi area with a breakfast
- Private land transportation with driver and fuel during the trip
- Private English speaking guide for 3 days
- The jeep for Mount Bromo Sunrise tour
- Cost for parking during the trip & mineral water during the trip
- Cost for ferry from Java to Bali Island
- Entrance tickets in Mount Bromo
- Entrance tickets in Ijen Crater
- Cost for Ijen Bluefire Tour and Gas Mask in Mount Ijen
- Travel insurance
- Bar, laundry, phone calls, and the internet
- Cost for lunch & Dinner during the trip
- Tipping & other personal costs